Sunday, July 30, 2006
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
1. Rock star name: (pet and current street name)
2. Movie Star name: (grandfather/grandmother on mother’s side first name, favorite candy)
3. “Fly girl/guy” name: (first initial of first name, first two or three letters of your last name)
4. Detective name: (favorite animal, name of high school)
5. Soap Opera name: (middle name, city where you were born)
6. Opposite sex name: (name of dad/mom, cell phone company you use)
7. Star Wars name: (first 3 letters of your last name, last 3 letters of mother’s maiden name, first 3 letters of your pet’s name)
8. Your Jedi name: (middle name spelled backwards, your mom’s maiden name spelled backwards)
9. Your Stage name: (middle name, street you grew up on)
10. Superhero name: (”the”, your favorite color, the first thing you see when you look to your left)
The Purple Cat
Monday, July 17, 2006
Here is a picture of our galactic center taken in infrared. This photo contains almost a million stars. Pretty awesome huh? Also the really bright, red blob slightly above and to the right of the center is the very center of our galaxy, a region called Sagittarius A. Contained within Sagittarius A is a very strong radio point source known as Sagittarius A*. This has an estimated mass of 4.7x10^6 solar masses and is contained within a space of just 20AU (1AU is the distance between the Sun and the Earth). That is one of the arguments astrophysicists use in claiming that Sagittarius A* is a supermassive black hole.
In other news, I have not 1, not 2, not 3 but 4 days off in a row. I only have 1 left. It was suppose to be only 3 in a row, but my manager called today and asked if I would work Thursday instead of Tuesday. Yay for lots of days off in a row. And what have I been doing on my days off you might ask? I have been looking for a new place to live! Sweet deal. Why do I want to move? Long story, you know blah, blah, blah. So if anyone knows of places in their neighborhoods that have now renting signs, let me know.
And how are the Tigers doing?
|Chi White Sox||57||34||.626||4.5|
That's right, they are still in first and still the best team in baseball. I think by now, they have proven that they are genuine. It's still really hard to believe.
Friday, July 14, 2006
Saturday, July 08, 2006
Thursday, July 06, 2006
Above are the lyrics to the song God of Justice by Tim Hughes. It's a pretty awesome song. We sang it at Fluid. It's something that I think should be a challenge to all Christians, especially Salvationists. As William Booth is quoted to have said in his final address at Royal Albert Hall on May 9, 1912-
While women weep, as they do now, I'll fight; while little children go hungry, as they do now, I'll fight; while men go to prison, in and out, in and out, as they do now, I'll fight; while there is a drunkard left, while there is a poor lost girl upon the streets, while there remains one dark soul without the light of God, I'll fight-I'll fight to the very end!
The photo above is of NGC 6888 (the bubble in the center). The bubble is surrounding a type of star called a Wolf-Rayet star. It is formed because Wolf-Rayet stars are massive stars which are losing huges amounts of their mass because of very high stellar winds. They are very hot and very volitile stars, which end their lives in supernova explosions.